Construction Back to applications
Construction chemicals is a diverse market place and we split this into five main subgroups.
- Cementitious Building Products covers all products which use cement as the main binder constituent and will encompass products ranging from tile adhesives and repair grouts to self-levelling floor compounds and pointing mortars. Lawrence Industries has an outstanding portfolio of products for this area ranging from PCE super plasticisers, hydrophobic and powder anti-shrinkage additives to powder defoamers, lightweight additives, special cements and rheology modifiers from market-leading producers like Evonik, 3M, BASF and Münzing Chemie.
- Resinous Building Products describes products which use either water-based resins as a main binder like thin coat renders, ready mix tile adhesives or lightweight wall fillers or reactive resin chemistry like epoxy and PU to produce chemical anchor grouts, repair mortars or seamless resinous flooring. For this marketplace, we have products like Aerosil fumed silica, TIB Kat PU catalysts, polyester polyols and a comprehensive range of fillers and effect pigments.
- Renders is a special subsection that straddles both the cementitious building products as well as resinous building products markets and is of particular importance to Lawrence Industries. We supply silicone powders and resins, rheology modifiers, powerful pozzolans, acrylic resins as well as lightweight granulates and air entrainers and fibres.
- Gypsum is a marketplace which covers products used in the drywall industry and Lawrence Industries supplies materials like lightweight 3M glass bubbles into ready-mix joint cements, rheology modifiers for joint fillers and highly efficient retarders (Retardan) from SIKA plus a plethora of other materials for specialist applications.
- Concrete - Lawrence Industries supply products used in the manufacture of cement and concrete and also supplies materials for the manufacture of admixtures (defoamers, anti-shrinkage additives and water repellents) as well as Cr (VI) reducing additives based on tin as well as iron.