Graphic Arts Back to applications
Graphic Arts covers a range of products that are used in the production of inks, overprint varnishes or any surface modifications to the printing substrate itself. To break this down we’ve divided this into a few sub-categories defined by their ink chemistry, and end use.
- Solvent Based Inks – This includes all additives, fillers and pigments suitable for solvent borne inks.
- Water Based Inks – We have a wide range of additives for water-based inks including defoamers, dispersants, rheology modifiers, wetting and levelling agents alongside effect pigments, metallic pigments and UV fluorescent pigments.
- Energy Curing Inks – For UV and EB inks, we supply waxes, silica rheology modifiers, effect pigments and matting agents.
- Lithographic Inks – BASF’s wide range in speciality silicates are used extensively in litho inks.
- Ink-Jet – The requirements for ink-jet are ever increasing as the technology is being used in wider applications than ever before. Lawrence Industries supply a number of additives that are suitable for this technology.
- Overprint Varnishes – OPVs are widely used in the printing industry to protect the printed surface for chemical attack or mechanical wear during use.